The virtues of the date
Natural sugar - dates contain natural sugar and provide a great source of energy, often used by athletes as a snack before exercise or as a healthy sweet treat.
Unlike sugar rich foods, the sugar in the date contain plenty of vitamins and minerals, and is said to be the healthiest form of sugar for our bodies.
A study proved that eating three dates a day does the following:
- Improve Digestive Health.
- Treat and Prevent Anemia.
- Promotes Bone, Blood and Immune System Health.
- Energy Boost.
- Promote Heart Health.
Another major advantage of the date is its low fat. For example, chocolate at the highest quality contains about 20% fat, as opposed to a date which only contains up to 0.5% fat.
In other words, chocolate contains 40 times more fat than a date.
Health effects of the date:
• Reduction of LDL cholesterol levels
• Energizing immune activity
• Inhibition of tumor growth and metastasis prevention
• Antioxidant activity
• Regulation of immune system activity
• Antibacterial effect
• Antifungal effect
• Protection against diabetic neuropathy
• Promoting a healthy birth process
• Balancing lipid levels (especially triglycerides)
• Delayed development of atherosclerosis (which causes stroke or heart attack)